Physics is one of the primary fundamental scientific disciplines, and is a requirement for acceptance into engineering faculties in universities.
In the majority of Arab-Bedouin schools, however, physics is not a subject offered to students due to a shortage of teachers, minimal student participation and the costs of setting up and maintaining a physics laboratory in school.
The Regional Physics Matriculation was established in 2019 with the aim of enabling students who are interested in studying physics but are unable to do so, due to its unavailability in their schools.
• Grow the number of Arab-Bedouin students who earn 5-units Physics matriculation
• Exposure to Higher Education, with particular focus on Physics and Engineering
• Open the 2019 school year with 30 students from 4 high schools
• Operate a three-year curriculum will be taught according to Ministry of Education standard to 10th-12th graders. Over the three-year period they will meet for 40 5-hour sessions annually
• Less than 20% drop-out rate
• At least 22 students who advance to complete the 2021 theoretical and lab-based testing
• 90% of students earn full Physics matriculation
Abdul Rahman Al-Mahdi , Ar’ara BaNegev
“I love physics. For me, it is an easy and simple subject that can be mastered once you repeat the material and practice solving exercises.At first, I thought that physics was just about the …”
Regada Abu Kaf ,Umm Batin
“I have always wanted to understand the natural phenomena that occur around me. Through the program, I discovered that all the occurrences around us…”
Bashar Abu Kush ,Ar’ara BaNegev
“I love physics because it demonstrates and clarifies how things occur. I have always heard that physics is a really difficult subject, but when I joined Tamar Center and devoted…”
Nagam Abu Sabih , Segev Shalom
“Physics is a very interesting topic, as it is related to everything that happens all around us. One of the reasons for my love of physics is the opportunity it gives us to explore all the ”
Yasmin Al-Mahdi , Ar’ara BaNegev
“Ever since I was little I have always asked: Why does the earth revolve around the sun? Why do things fall to the ground? I am a curious girl, love to explore the nature around ”